One of my all time favorite seafood dishes is Calamari! I love the stuff. When I was little I hated seafood, and my mom and dad loved it. One time when we went to Market Street Grill they decided to order me a variety plate and told me to try out everything. I was older, so this was something that I agreed to. The platter came and some things were recognizable, some weren't, so I started. The mussels and the oysters in the shell were okay, though they weren't on my list of really great foods. The capers were rubbery, I loved the shrimp. Then came these lovely little rings that were deep fried. They were scrumptious! I loved them. I ate and ate and ate. Then I asked what they were.
"Calamari" was the answer. Okay, simple enough.
"Waaa? What in the heck is calamari?" Squid. Squid you say? Little tiny 8 legged creatures? Yep!
Oh well! I still love it!
Here is a delectable little photo to tantalize the taste buds! We got this lovely stuff at Ocotovios! Want a bite?!

5 comments:
I wish I could say that looks appetizing, but I can't stand seafood of any kind. I gag at the sight of it. But we all have our favorite foods, right? You would fit very nicely in with my family. They are all seafood lovers and I am the absolute ONLY one out of my ENTIRE family that doesn't like it.
sorry, doesn't sound so good. but hey, i've got my weird tastes too=]cute post though. so does brandon eat it?
Yikes - scary looking! I'm not sure I could eat it.
I absolutely LOVE calemari, however, it cannot in any way, shape or form look like the little critters. YUCK!
SICK!!!!!!! :)
Post a Comment