I have to take a moment to rant and rave about clothing. Why is it that boy clothes are so darn ugly? And the ones that aren't ugly are completely out of my price range. Why does every other article of boys clothing have to have soccer, or football, or baseball, or basketball? What if you aren't into putting your child into some weird sport logo or advertising that someday they might be mediocre at this sport, or that I might be forcing them to love it? What is the deal? Do designers not realize that mothers, the people who care what their boy looks like, are the ones buying these things? I tried to get Domenic some clothes for school because he has outgrown everything he owns. I came home with 2 shirts and 2 pairs of pants to last him the whole fall and winter. Think it'll work?
Than there is the girls clothing. It is 100% easier to find fabulously cute girls clothing in any price range. But than you find way too much. We went to get Alexis 1 outfit, because she can still wear her clothes from last year, and came home with 6 that were too cute to pass up. The main issue that I have with girls clothing is since when was it fashionable to put your little daughter in the most revealing clothing around. I have had the hardest time trying to describe immodesty to Alexis and while yes, her friends and Hannah Montana might wear it but that doesn't mean that she should. I went to try and find her a swimsuit that was a one piece. I had to shop in the toddler section to even find one. Yep, she had to get a baby suit. Of course I gave in and let her get a 2 piece as well but come on people! She's 7! We don't need to be seein so much skin on her!
There. I hate shopping for kids clothes, but boys especially!
9 years ago

4 comments:
Hey Miss Katie... I just checked out your blog, so glad you joined us in blogging land. I love it although I don't post often enough! That pirate ship looks awesome, I am sure the children love it to pieces!!!! I didn't know about your sick summer and I am so glad all turned out well. It is such a blessed when the spirit whispers and tell you what to do. Remember when we lived in Ferron and Angie got toxic shock? The spirit totally told me what she had and we rushed her to Price to the hospital and if we had waited over night she would probably have died. She was in ICU for 5 days, what a great blessing! Speaking of Price my niece (my brother David Bird) daughter Kaylee Bird is going to CEU. So I am going to give her your Mom & Dad phone # just in case of an emergency but I will call your Mom first. Well I will be in touch again soon. Love Ya'll to pieces, Aunt Cindy
thats one of the main reasons i want only girls if i ever have kids.
I with you on this one! I agree with EVERY word. I hate shopping for kids cloths.... grumble...
Yeppers! Thank goodness the nice boy clothes that you did find you pasted down to poor little Kayden. By the way, the little suits are adorable on him. Short in the buddha belly section, but adorable! Thanks. EVERYTHING has some stupid logo. Whatever! Kaycee's drawers are bulging and I say "NO MORE CLOTHES" and find a ton more that I just can't pass up. We go through clothes like crazy around here though. Soon we will be giving you Kayd's clothes that he wore a few times to Skyler. He is already 17lbs and 26in.
Post a Comment